Rhett works with the management team to determine communications goals and strategies for the program. He manages and coordinates projects, works with team members to produce Upwellings and numerous other outreach materials, explores grant-funding opportunities, and provides general communications support.
- Master of Science, Marine Resource Management, 2011, Oregon State University
- Bachelor of Arts, English, 2001,University of North Florida
- Magazine production
- K-12 Education
- Social media
- Science Writer and Editor, North Carolina Sea Grant and the Water Resources Research Institute of the University of North Carolina System
- Assistant Researcher, National Geographic Traveler
- Art Research and Reporting Intern, National Geographic
- News Clerk, Corvallis Gazette-Times
- English Teacher, Nichinan, Japan, and Jacksonville, Fla.