Works with coastal communities and businesses in southeast Michigan to apply science-based knowledge to address Great Lakes issues. Counties include: St. Clair, Macomb, Wayne, and Monroe.
- Greenways and Blueways Initiatives
- Great Lakes Areas of Concern
- Public-Private Partnership Development
- Planning and Redevelopment in Urban Communities
- Coastal Tourism
- Fish and Wildlife Habitat Restoration
- B.G.S. University of Michigan-Dearborn (Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Anthropology)
- M.S. University of Michigan-Dearborn (Environmental Science)
- Chair, Michigan Statewide Public Advisory Council working to delist Michigan’s Areas of Concern. Recent projects include the completion of a variety of habitat restoration projects in the St. Clair and Detroit River Areas of Concern.
- Co-Chair, Downriver Linked Greenways Initiative. Fostering collaboration between 21 Wayne County communities. In 2016 I helped complete a gap analysis for the portion of the Iron Belle Trail that will follow the DLGI trail through 10 Downriver communities.
- Co-Creator of the Lake St. Clair Coastal Water Trail. This brochure promotes non-motorized recreation opportunities in Lake St. Clair through the identification of launch sites, paddling routes and points of interest.
- Co-Founder and board member of the International Wildlife Refuge Alliance, a non-profit organization created to support the Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge. My work with the organization includes enhancing environmental education & outreach, natural areas preservation and cooperative conservation initiatives in coastal communities in the Lower Detroit River and Western Lake Erie.