Works with coastal communities and businesses in the Eastern Upper Peninsula to apply science-based knowledge to address Great Lakes, Lake Superior, northern Lake Michigan and northern Lake Huron issues. Counties include Chippewa, Mackinac, Luce, Schoolcraft, Alger, and Marquette counties (also state-wide).
- Environmental Literacy
- Citizen Science Programs
- Great Lakes Fisheries
- Coastal Tourism Development – Water and Birding Trails
- Coastal Ecosystem Restoration
- Watershed Management
- Research Assistant, UM Water Center. Helped create the Michigan Water Collaboration Network.
- Program Coordinator, North Huron Birding Trail. Designed trail development plan and interpretive information and coordinated with local partners on completion of trail.
- Science Teacher, Grand River Preparatory High School. Taught 9th-12th grade Biology and Environmental Science classes.
- Mentor Teacher, Third 90 Network. Preformed environmental science research in Southwest MI with urban high school students and college professors.
- Founding Environmental Educator, Cedar Campus Environmental Stewardship and Tourism Program. Created a now longstanding program to promote environmental education, ecotourism and stewardship on a 500 acre camp along the northern shoreline of Lake Huron.
- B.S. Michigan State University, Biology
- M.S. University of Michigan, Natural Resources and Environment