The Clean Marina Classroom is going on the road, offering an in-person workshop in Lansing. Michigan Sea Grant staff and Clean Marina certification specialists will cover important lessons from the online classroom tied to mandatory and recommended best practices for becoming a Clean Marina. Pledged marinas, as well as marinas due for re-certification, are invited to attend.
For the Classroom Live workshop to be effective, participants must take the following steps before the workshop:
- Register for the workshop (dates and locations below).
- Sign the Clean Marina pledge form (new and re-certifying marinas) and pay the required pledge fee (new marinas only).
- Log in to the online classroom and complete the marina self-assessment (also called the certification checklist).
- Bring your self-assessment, a notebook (paper and pencil or laptop) and your calendar to the workshop.
In return, each marina will leave with:
- Clean Marina Classroom certificate
- Scheduled certification site visit date
- Prize for completing the workshop evaluation and survey
When: December 6, 2018, 1:30 – 6 p.m.
Where: Radisson Hotel at the Capitol, 111 N. Grand Avenue, Lansing, MI 48933
Workshop Host: MBIA