ESSENTIAL RESOURCES FOR LOCAL OFFICIALS
September 17 & 18, 2018, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Local, State and Tribal elected and appointed officials and staff wanting to gain access to resources and knowledge about water management are encouraged to attend this workshop!
- Factors that impact Michigan water
- The Blue Economy
- Fiscal benefits of water management
- Incorporating water into local planning and placemaking
- Risk assessment approaches n Resources to help address water problems
- Water policy at the federal, tribal, state, and local levels
Certificate upon completion of two-day session. Partial scholarships available thanks to funding from the Erb Family Foundation.
LOCATION: Northwest Michigan Horticultural Research Station
6686 S Center Hwy, Traverse City, MI
$175 (Includes materials and lunch each day)