Great Lakes Literacy and Connections to Inland Schools
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Please Log In to register.
Registration is Required for this Event
Your school, your community organization, and YOU are invited to join the Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative (NEMIGLSI) network and participate in our youth education-focused Inland Regional Network Meeting on Thursday, October 26, 2017 hosted in Gaylord, Michigan.
We hope this opportunity, in addition to our Annual Networking Meeting in February, will serve to bolster NEMIGLSI network efforts to support Place-based Stewardship Education (PBSE) and build relationships between partners with inland schools. A special thanks to our Leadership Partners, Great Lakes Fishery Trust and Huron Pines, for helping host and support this event.
The DEADLINE to register is October 20th at 11:59pm (EST).
- Learn about the NEMIGLSI network and gain educational updates, information and resources in support of your stewardship education programs and efforts.
- Network, share, and trade lessons learned with participating NEMIGLSI partners and projects; a chance to connect with educators and community partners from around our region.
- Contribute in planning the future direction for your regional NEMIGLSI, with a focus with great lakes literacy and connections to inland schools! Your opportunity to provide input and guidance about how GLSI can better support place-based education programming in northeast Michigan!
Please share with those who may be interested in participating, and we hope you will plan to join!
- Register online no later than Friday, October 20th. Please Log In to register.
- No cost to participate and lunch is provided. We only request you please pre-register, as this helps us plan for meals and educational materials provided (if you have any dietary restrictions, please contact Olivia Rose, at email@example.com or (989) 884-6216)
- NEMIGLSI School participation stipends. $100/teacher
Questions or need additional information? Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at northeastmichiganGLSI@gmail.com or phone: (989) 884-6216.
In good tradition, we anticipate a wonderful day of networking and sharing information, resources, and new ideas among schools, educators and community partners engaged in youth development and environmental stewardship across northeast Michigan.
The Fall Networking Meeting will be held at the following location:
3962 Wilkinson Rd
Gaylord, MI 49735
Get Driving Directions