Marinas, boaters and stakeholders from around the country are invited to learn about best management practices for preventing the spread of aquatic invasive species (AIS) during a Clean Marina Webinar scheduled for 2-3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7.
This is the third webinar in a series of workshops to support Clean Marina programs in the Great Lakes region, hosted by Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin Sea Grant programs. The webinar is free, but you must pre-register by November 6. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email with log-in information.
Attendees will learn about:
• Potential environmental impacts of boat cleaning for AIS
• Best practices for managing transport and reporting of AIS at marinas and boatyards
• State requirements within the Great Lakes region
• Online resources available for marinas and boaters
• Management options for boat cleaning at marinas and boatyards
• How to engage boaters in the prevention of AIS, including boat cleaning best practices
See: Event Details