A Clean Marina Webinar, supported by the Great Lakes Green Marina Education and Outreach Project
This webinar, held March 21, 2012, provided an overview of boat wash water handling requirements in the Great Lakes states and provided a forum for discussion among representatives from both public and private sectors. See below for electronic documents of each presentation.
- Boat Wash Water Impacts and Great Lakes States’ Requirements
Victoria Harris, Water Quality Specialist, Wisconsin Sea Grant Institute
- Vessel Wash Wastewater Handling Options
Mike Danko, Assistant Director of Extension, New Jersey Sea Grant Consortium
- Great Lakes Marina Operator Panel and Discussion: Boat Wash Water Handling Practices
- Bill Schaeffer, Owner & President, Beaver Park Marina, Lorain, OH
- Ward Walstrom, Owner, Walstrom Marine, Harbor Springs and Cheyboygan, MI. Presentation (PDF)
- Jon Kukuk, Owner, NestEgg Marine, Marinette, Wisconsin and Chair, WI Marina Association. Presentation (PDF)
- Michelle Shrider, CMM, General Manager, Washburn Marina, Washburn, Wisconsin and Vice-Chair, WI Marina Association. Presentation (PDF)
Note: Due to a technical difficulty, a recording of this webinar is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- State Resources for Boat Wash Water
Learn more about boat washing in the Great Lakes.
Clean Marina programs are part of a national initiative to voluntarily engage marinas and boatyards in management practices that improve water quality, reduce environmental risk to people and aquatic life, and protect the water resources that sustain the boating industry.